Basils Farm is an artisan winery situated on Swan Bay, overlooking the historic township of Queenscliff.
Visit the cellar door to learn more about the Basils Farm passion for biodynamic and sustainable farming practices, whilst enjoying wine tastings of quality, handcrafted wines, including Kiltynane Estate, Basils Farm and Pn2. Varieties include: Chardonnay, Rose, Pinot Noir and Shiraz.
Our hand crafted wines are grown in small parcels on vineyards that are cared for using biodynamic, biological and organic care. The wines are made in the traditional French winemaking way, allowing wild fermentation in small ferment pots, each resulting in quite individual wines. These produce layers and texture – all the more to be enjoyed! Although we specialize in Pinot Noir, we do branch out with limited releases of other varieties. These also are made in the artisan tradition to show true expression, often taking them out of the mainstream.
Expansive lawns provide the perfect place to relax as you take in the stunning views. Indulge in all day gourmet grazing platters featuring organic produce from the garden, seasonal mezze selection and local cheeses and organic breads. In the cooler months our menu also includes hearty, warming home made soups and hot pots.
Basils Farm’s commitment to bio-dynamics have contributed to the continued improvement in the soil, resulting in impressive fruit from the vineyard and the orchard on the farm. An extensive potager garden has been established which provides biodynamic herbs, fruit and other produce to the kitchen, local chefs and visitors. Seasonal produce, house made preserves and raw honey is available at the cellar door for purchase (subject to seasonality).
Cooking classes using our own produce, gardening workshops and special events are held regularly throughout the year. For updates please join our mailing list.
For nature lovers, Swan Bay has one of the most diverse ecosystems on the Victorian coast and is home to a variety of native birds, fish and plants. The wetlands on Swan Bay are listed on an International treaty known as the Ramsar Convention.
- Cellar Door
Restaurant / Cafe
Wedding / Functions
Tours by Appointment
Winemaker: Ray Nadeson
General Manager: Kim Dema
Marketing Manager: Melisa Thompson
Sales Manager/Gardener: Ben Shaw
- Kiltynane – a premium selection of each vintage – the best reflection of the season and the times – the winemaker’s selection of the season.
- Basils Farm – our home base. This barrel selection reflects the beauty of the farm, vineyards and their fruit, the natural wetlands and amazing views.
- Pn2 – our third tier wine which is fun, funky and an introduction to artisan made Pinot Noir.
2015 French Australian Chamber of Commerce – Concours des Vins De Victoria Awards. GOLD medal – 2014 Kiltynane Estate Chardonnay. “2014 Young Chardonnay” category.
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Noir
‘Basils Farm’ 43 – 53 Nye Road, Swan Bay
03 5258 4280
Basils Café Current opening hours:
Thursday 9am – 2pm.
- 9am-12pm. Coffee and Egg & Bacon Toasties.
- 12pm-2pm. Limited menu: Antipasto and cheese platters, coffee and cakes.
Friday 9am – 5pm.
- 9am-12pm. Coffee and Egg & Bacon Toasties
- Lunch from 12pm-4pm. Full menu available.
Saturday & Sunday 10am – 5pm.
- Sunday – brunch from 10am-12pm.
- Lunch from 12pm- 4pm. Full menu available.
- From 3rd December we will also be offering BREAKFASTon the weekend (8am-11am).
Please note: Basils Farm will be CLOSED from Monday 19th December to Sunday 25th December.
We will also be open New Years Day – the super talented “McRobin” will be playing a special acoustic set from 12.30-3.30pm.
CELLAR DOOR HOURS
Thursdays – 10am – 2pm
Friday to Sunday – 10am – 5pm
Open all public holidays