Seasonal Gardening Workshops
Everything you need to know to grow healthy and fresh organic food throughout the seasons. Utilising permaculture design principles and sustainable practices, drawing on the skills of our in-house gardening guru’s Ben (Permaculture Gardener) and Igor (Farm Manager) to help turn your garden into one of abundance, health and beauty! Join one of our seasonal Gardening Workshops or sign up for all four!
“FREE” FRIDAYS – All attendees of any workshop are also welcome to pop into Basils Farm every Friday* from 11am-12noon to have a chat in the garden with Ben &/or Igor. (*any changes to the schedule will be posted on our website EVENTS page).
Autumn Gardening Workshop
Autumn is always a fun season to get in the garden, the weather is usually mild and its rewarding to know that by giving you patch a little extra love now you will reap the rewards in the months ahead!
Some of the topics we plan to cover in this workshop and our FREE Friday catch up’s include:
- Harvesting the garden and how to use the produce in the garden.
- Saving seeds from the garden.
- Soil care and nutrition.
- No-dig gardening and preparing the soil for autumn.
- Plant selection and autumn plantings.
- Organic fertilisers (making organic teas and brews for the garden).
- Ponds and water edibles.
- Autumn propagation (Semi-hardwood cuttings and division) berry fruits, herb harvesting and drying.
- Autumn tasks in the garden.
We are also offering some great BONUS OFFERS and DISCOUNTS. Visit our bookings page for more information
Date: Saturday 8 April
Time: 10am – 12 noon
Venue: Basils Farm, 43-53 Nye Road, Swan Bay
Cost: $40 per person.
- Couples discount – when booking a SINGLE workshop. When yourself and a partner book into the same class you both save 10%. Use code COUPLE10. You must book 2 people in at one time to receive the discount.
- Singles discount – when booking MULTIPLE workshops. Book all FOUR workshops and receive a 15% discount. Use code SINGLE15. BOOK HERE.
- Couples discount – when booking MULTIPLE workshops. Book all FOUR workshops for 2 people and receive a 20% discount. BOOK HERE. Use code COUPLE20.